Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A Point in Life

Two days ago, was the day when i feel really bored about my life.

Recently graduated (but the commencement ceremony has not taken place yet), still being the leader of my department's student council, trying to complete all the application necessities for master scholarship in several institutions asap, and trying to look for something to do in order to stay "passionately alive".

The definition above is surely not the definition that i expect of my current point in life.

I feel, lost. I do not know what the future will bring. That is the thought that appears most frequently in my head lately.

However, when i lie on my bed and let my brain wander to where it want to, suddenly a force inside me told me to give thanks. To count my blessings. To see things around me, things in me, and things that i have, and for one moment, give gratitude for them.
And at that point in my life, i started to say "I am thankful for......"
I fill in the blank with a lot of things,
here they are as what i can still remember from the previous 2 days:
a complete family (mom, dad, lil bro), finishing my thesis on time despite of the problems i faced during the time of writing, being able to eat and dress properly as well as sleep in a really comfy bed, my friends who support me in good and bad times, all my talents, all that ive been through in this life, and the list go on... (i cant remember more)

And at that point in my life, the boredom went away completely, and it was replaced with a joy, a joy that give me faith to keep on going in this life and of course, to be more thankful for things around me.

Good night. :)

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment