Friday, March 9, 2012

Things to remember when i am afraid..



1 John 4:4
4 You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.

When i wrote this, i has just experienced a very strange feeling, which is mixture of several negative feelings. The first is, fear, of course, the second, loneliness, and the list goes on and on.
But one thing i always remember about fear is what my mom always say to me, "Fear of things in this world does not come from God."
When that feeling striked me, firstly i dont know what to do and as i let it be like that, it was getting bigger and bigger, and consuming myself. But, as it grew, i remembered that statement and the verse, 1 John 4:4 came across my mind.

Sometimes, when we are attacked by fear, we lost our sense, and maybe, our faith that He who has given His life for us is in our hearts. Inside us. We forgot that simple truth and let that fear rule ourselves. I dont know why, this time, I realized that fact and i decided not to let the fear ruled my mind, but instead, let His truth ruled my mind and won over that fear. I decided to confess the truth. The truth from HIM, and as i did that, there was grace from above that strengthened me and enabled me to stand strong on HIM.

1 Pet 5:10
10 And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.

Thus, when you feel afraid, remember 1 John 4:4, the spirit of GOD that is within ourselves is GREATER than the spirit in this world.

Have a nice weekend all. :) God bless u

No comments:

Post a Comment